Thursday 14 November 2013

Bargain Books

Hey Guys,
For a long time I (Holly) have shopped in charity shops, some people would say this is not a 'cool' thing to do but you can get some great bargains, such as books and vintage looking clothing. Daisy volunteers in a charity shop for her Duke Of Edinburgh and I think it is a great way to support good causes.
When last at my local charity shop I got 2 books for just £1 each, it is great that you can get books for this price because in shops such as Waterstones they are normally at least £6.99. The books I got were 'Sherlock Holmes Short Stories' by Arthur Conan Doyle and 'Magical Worlds of Harry Potter A Treasury of Myths Legends and Fascinating Facts' by David Colbert.
I read some Sherlock at school once and since then have been meaning to buy one of the books, so it was perfect when I spotted this book. I like the Sherlock Holmes stories because they aren't too long and are so well written! I can't wait to start this book, although it will have to join the queue, I have a lot of books to read.
As you probably have gathered both Daisy and I love Harry Potter, this book is awesome as it reveals some of the secrets behind J.K Rowling's thinking.
The blurb says...
' J.K Rowling fills her books with references to history, myths, legends and literature. All the questions you ever wanted to ask about Harry's fantastical world are answered here. Discover the astonishing origins of magical creatures , the clues to hidden meanings in names, and amazing facts about real life wizards and ancient magic spells. From Alchemists to Unicorns, Basilisks to Veela, this fascinating compendium brings another dimension to Harry's adventures'
... and for only £1 I just couldn't resist.

Love Holly and Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment