Friday 21 February 2014

Favourite Outfits from Brit Awards 2014

Hey Guys,
So I love the Brit Awards but unfortunately this year I was unable to watch it because I was in Birmingham watching the Ukulele Orchestra Of GB, which was great. I have watched a few clips of performances from the night and I know who won which award, I was so happy that Lorde and David Bowie won awards!
One thing I love about the Brits is the clothes and the red carpet, so I thought I would share with you my favourite outfits from this years ceremony...

First up is Fearne Cotton, she opted for a quirky silver dress and accessories. Now this could be seen as a bit risky, I mean silver doesn't suit many people, but this risk definitely paid off on her part; she looked stunning. The sheer covering on the top half of the dress takes it from party dress to sophisticated style and her little rectangular bag is really cute, bringing us back to Fearne's fun style.

 
Next I chose Chloe Howl. Her outfit was simple, with no accessories and this can sometimes make an outfit look a bit bland. But there is no doubt in my mind that this look really worked for Chloe. I think there is a sense of readiness to party about this all black outfit, the style of dress reflects that of a 1920's flapper girl, but has a modern twist, which I really loved. Teamed with those bulky black shoes this is a really strong look.
Lastly was the surprise of Kate Moss, attending to collect David Bowie's Award. She sported one of Bowie's Ziggy Stardust costumes from the 1970's and she looked great. By having the rest of her outfit in black, black killer heels, tights and bracelet, Kate let the amazing costume stand out the way it did when Bowie himself wore it. She really rocked that look, I'm sure Bowie was very pleased with both her outfit and how well she delivered his acceptance speech.
 
There were many more amazing outfits at the Brits but unfortunately I should be revising so don't have time to share them all with you. These three outfits really stood out to me and I am glad I have had a chance to share them with you.
 
Love Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment