Thursday 13 February 2014

Sighh Designs: Review

Hey Guys,
                             Image of Crazy Bus Lady Case
I have done a previous post on Sigh Designs and yesterday the phone case I ordered arrived. I was always hesitant to order a case because they're £14 but I finally order one I could really relate to.

I ordered the 'Crazy Bus Lady' case, and after eyeing up Vadasz's designs for months I was excited to try it out; however I am very disappointed. 
I'll start with my only positive. I really love the colours, font and message. Vadasz's has put a lot of time and effort into making such a wonderful idea, as she does with all of her other cases.

Now the negatives:
The case has a very distinctive plastic/ glue smell. At first I thought it was my hands because I had just been gluing things in DT, but even a day later the smell is still lingering.
The design is pixalated. On the website it does say that designs will stretch depending on what case you got, but knowing that Vadasz had an iPhone 4S (like myself) I was surprised it wasn't noted anywhere.

Lastly, I have had this case on for a day and the black background has already chipped. At first I thought it was white paint, but after rubbing I realised that the colour has actually chipped off, on the first day! 

The case is the same/maybe even worse quality than the one I bought for £4. It cost me £13 (£1 off when buying it on the day it's released) and I regret it; but I'll use until it's completely broken on me. Vadasz doesn't make the cases her self she orders from a supplier, but I wouldn't have continued selling them if they were this quality. She has other products such as mirrors and soon coasters which I'm sure will be better as they'll only be one size, but I'll be hesitant to buy again from her - no matter how pretty her designs her. 

One finally thing, I tweeted her personal and business account about the smell and chip, but I have not received a reply. 

Love Daisy x

NB: I emailed Vadasz and she's very kindly sending me a new complimentary case, instead of refunding. So i'll run this one to the ground before putting on the new one.
She also pointed out that the cases are sprayed with a special coating which should allow them to last for months and shouldn't be kept with sharp things like keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment