Friday 31 October 2014

Halloween Treats: Cupcakes

Hey Guys,

This is a follow on from my Halloween Treats: Cookies post. I'm now going to show you how to make some halloween inspired cupcakes. As you have seen on my cookie post things didn't really go to plan so I didn't make these but if things go to plan they could look really cool.

Cupcakes

I'll be making very simple vanilla cupcakes. Again this is a very simple recipe, a similar one to the one I'm using can be found here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/cupcakes_93722
The recipe I am using is from M&S 'Easy Baking': Chocolate chip cupcakes

Makes 28                                 My recipe
3oz butter, softened               Butter
3 1/2 oz caster sugar             Caster Sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten           Eggs
2oz chocolate chips             Chocolate chips 
8oz of self raising flour       Flour
1oz cocoa powder               Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp of milk                      Icing Sugar
                                             Food colouring, black 




  • Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius/Gas mark 6
  • Beat together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
  • Add eggs
  • Add little flour if curdling 
  • Add milk, fold in chocolate chips
  • Sift flour (and cocoa powder) fold into mixture 
  • Place in cupcake holders
  • BAKE FOR 20 MINUTES
Icing
Make normal runny icing. 
I will telling you how to make a 'mummy' cupcake, but follow the cookie icing recipe to make a pumpkin and eye cupcake.

  • Separate the icing into 2 separate bowls
  • Add black food colouring to 1 of the bowls
  • Pipe a white base on the cupcake
  • Then pipe 2 black eyes and a stitched mouth

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
ENJOY!

Love Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment