Sunday 19 October 2014

Movie Review: The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

Hey Guys,

I spent last weekend binge watching The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 1 and 2, and to sum it up quickly, it was just a roller-coster of emotions. The film 'The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants' is based off the book series by Ann Brashares.
"Four teenage girls — Carmen, Tibby, Bridget, and Lena — are best friends from Bethesda, Maryland, who are about to separate for the summer for the first time in their lives. Lena is spending the summer in Greece with her grandparents; Tibby is staying at home; Bridget is going to soccer camp in Mexico; and Carmen is visiting her father in South Carolina. On one of their final days they went shopping together, the girls find a seemingly ordinary pair of jeans that fit them all perfectly and flatter their figures, despite their very different measurements. The girls dub them the Traveling Pants and decide to share them equally over the course of the summer. They part the next day, and the film focuses on each girl's journey separately."

Both films made me feel so emotional, in just a second I went from hysterically laughing to pathetically crying, I was just a wreck! Although the second film had a more mature plot and had less drama it was just as amazing - I ordered the DVD box set the second the credits started rolling.

While I was watching, all I could think is that I wanted to live their lives (admittedly most films make me feel like that) and that's how you know a film is amazing! The overall meaning was to appreciate the lovely friends around you because they'll always be there for you through really tough time and through important decisions. 



The characters were obviously the best part of the film; I loved America Ferrera, who played Carmen, mainly because she also played Betty from Ugly Betty which is one of my favourite TV shows, so naturally I became attached to her. But my favourite character was Bridget played by Blake Lively.
I genuinely don't know what's not to love about her. She's out going, strong minded and stubborn,  everything I love - and because every film needs a head strong character. If I could do half the things she could, I would be living a very fulfilling life - and if these GIFs don't instantly make you fall in love with her, I don't know what would.

This is such a feel good film I wish that everybody could see it, it would be an especially great film to watch when you're having one of those girly nights in - but don't forget some tissues as well.

Love Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment