Tuesday 28 May 2013

Doctor Who

Hey Guys,

So May 24th was the last Doctor Who until November 23rd and if you love Doctor Who as much as we do, you'll find that very depressing. I think we all can agree that it was a very tense and dramatic episode, and the next episodes will be the 50th anniversary with David Tennant and Billie Piper visiting with lots of other twists!


I (Holly) have watched Doctor Who for a long time and although I think that some of the previous series have been scarier, I have loved this series due to the complex Clara story line and original episodes. Matt Smith is my favourite doctor so far, he brings a fun and eccentric side out of the Doctor, but I do agree that David Tennant was also something special. Unfortunately I have had a very busy month and have been finding it really difficult to watch Doctor Who on the night it is aired and have therefore been having to watch it on BBC Iplayer, having to wait just a few more days than normal was torture but it was always worth it when I finally managed to find the time to watch it. I really like Clara Oswald , the assistant at the moment, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman, I think it is clever how the writers had incorporated her into earlier episodes without letting on that we were going to meet her again, by doing this they have been able to create a complex storyline around Clara. I think Clara is great and her and Matt obviously get on very well, which is important. I do miss Amy and Rory though, I really enjoyed their time on Doctor Who. I can't wait for November when David Tennant and Billie Piper will be back, bring it on!

I (Daisy) found the whole series brilliant, I think Matt Smith is an amazing Doctor (although my favourite Doctor is David Tennant) because of his quirky style, his lovely bow tie and his general acting skills and I think Jenna-Louise Coleman is a superb assistant, probably my favourite so far although Catherine Tate (Donna) was hilarious and I personally think raised the bar for the assistants. I loved the story lines, they're planned so well and when they do the previews, 'Next Time', I'm so intrigued to watch it and I'm always at the T.V bang on time; however I have found that the special effects aren't the best compared to last series and it's slightly put me off the new writers. 
At the end of the episode I was fairly confused about John Hurt appearing, as Matt said that he was the only one that broke the promise (keeping the Doctor name) but then it said, 'Introducing a John Hurt as the Doctor', but Matt said he wasn't the Doctor so how can he be the new Doctor and Matt as to regenerate before having there's a new Doctor and I'm SO CONFUSED, and November is to far away and I need an explanation!!!


So until November rolls around there are multiple videos you can watch on YouTube about the 50th anniversary and if you still can't wait you can just keep watching the episodes on BBC iPlayer like we are and for more info visit the BBC news website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Em8lmmTNkA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8g5BrLm7uQ


Love Holly and Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment