Friday 11 October 2013

DIY FAIL: Lumpy Space Princess toy

Hey Guys,

It's Daisy, and our friend had a bit of a hockey accident this week and because I'm such a brilliant friend I thought I'd make her a little toy of her favorite character LSP from Adventure Time. However it didn't go to plan and I thought I'd share my wonderful DIY with you lovely people.

Things you'll need: 
Felt (Purple and Yellow)
Wundaweb or Sewing kit
Stuffing
Straighteners or Iron
Scissors
Black marker and pencil
Pins
Towel

1. Turn straighteners on at 160 degrees, which I later found out wasn't hotter enough so actually turn them on at 180 degrees or just turn on the iron.
2. Fold the purple felt in half and draw out LSP either from memory, using a template or like I did, from a picture. Make sure you draw close to the edge so you don't waste as much felt.
3. Make sure to pin down the sides and cut out LSP.
4. Now feel free to sew the edges and turn inside out or do what I did. I placed Wundaweb along the edge of one side of LSP and then placed the other side on top leaving a small gap for the stuffing.
5. Place a towel over the felt otherwise it will melt under the heat and iron/straighten.
6. You can now cut out the star (eyes are optional), which can be lopsided like mine to give a more 'homey effect'. Then put on using the Wundaweb.
7. Now add the stuffing.
8. Finally sew up the gap
      FINISHED!!!

However if you fail at making like me, you will over stuff it and it shall EXPLODE!


Have fun making
Love Holly and Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment