Monday 28 October 2013

Dressing In October

Spooky?! I think not
Hey Guys,
So Halloween is coming and the shops are full of clothes patterned with pumpkins! I (Holly) personally love Halloween and the style that comes with it. I am not really into all the gimmicky Halloween clothes, knitted jumpers with fluorescent orange pumpkins and hairbands with flashing ghosts on are definitely not something I will be investing in.
Although Daisy thinks this top (left) is the most amazing thing ever, I do not, definite difference in opinion there!

The style I like around Halloween is what the shops like to call 'Gothic Glam'. This was an unexpected trench for AW12, with the shops suddenly encouraging us to 'embrace our dark side', something I had been waiting for them to do for a long time.The catwalks embraced this style, sending many beauties dressed in black down the catwalk. It became acceptable to wear black all over, it was all about black, lace and makeup a vampire would envy!


One character who inspires this trend is Wednesday Addams from the Addams Family, who perfects creepy cute with little collared school girl dresses, and contrasting black hair and white skin. She would be a brilliant character to dress up as for halloween, maybe next year!

In 2012 this trend was so big even Keira Knightly joined in, posing for Harpers Bazaar in Gothic Glam clothes and makeup.


I hope this has inspired you to embrace the trend Gothic Glam, well if it's good enough for Keira Knightley then it must be good enough for us!

Love Holly and Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment