Sunday 20 April 2014

Corner Bookmarks

Hey Guys,
Sticking with the DIY theme, I took inspiration from Etsy and saw Hogwarts corner bookmarks being sold for £2, so naturally I googled how to make them myself.

This is the link - http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Corner-Munch-Bookmarks - to the instructions but this is just what I did.

Materials
Coloured card
Pencil
Ruler
Glue/Double sided sticky tape
Decorative bits and things

I made 2 different sizes, 6cm and 8cm, but you can make them what ever size you would like the process is still the same.

1) Draw out 3 boxes in a L shape, all the same size. Then split the first and last box diagonally (right top to left bottom) and scribble on the half which is closest to the edge of the paper.
2) Cut out the L shape. Now cut off the triangles which have been scribbled on.
3) Now bend the 2 points over to make a square shape. Glue/tape the upper point onto the one below, DON'T attach them to the base of the square. Once that is done it should look like the picture below.



4) Time to decorate. I wanted mine Hogwarts themed, hence the House colours, so I printed off the House Crests for each bookmark and glued them on. This is the finished product.


They're very simple to make and they look really cool. I'm so happy with how mine turned out and I think they would make good present fillers, specifically designed for what that person likes.

Love Daisy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment