Thursday 5 March 2015

I & J - Ice Cold & Jean-ious

Hi Guys,

Although the weather is warming up a bit, February was still a chilly month. The cold weather has inspired me to do a post on 'Ice Cold' Style, its time to explore those wintery colours! However I couldn't find much for this so have decided to do J in the same post and for this I have gone with Jeans - simple but so so important.

Ice Cold style inspiration is featured below, the style icon for this look has to be the Snow Queen (the White Witch) from The Chronicles of Narnia, played by Tilda Swinton.



(all from tumblr. - a great source of inspiration) included above are works by John Galliano, Giambattista Valli and Christian Dior.

Now onto Jeans, which are an absolute staple in almost everyones wardrobe. I absolutely adore jeans, and the effortless look that comes with them. The type I wear most is skinny, although I have been pining after some Mom jeans for a long time, unsure if they will suit me.

My absolute favourite jeans are my Topshop MOTO Black super high waisted Joni jeans, I love them so much. I wear them all the time and honestly don't know what to wear when they go in the wash. What I love so much about high waisted jeans, is how comfy they are and how long they make your legs look. I mostly wear them with a stripy t-shirt or vintage jumper tucked in, as I like the vintage/modern mix that brings.

The only thing that annoys me is that they don't have front pockets so I never have anywhere to put my phone or purse. Topshop jeans are great quality and last for years, I plan to buy many more pairs from them in the future.

 

My friend loves Superdry Jeans and she says they are also uber comfortable. I think it can often be tricky for tall people (lucky!) to find jeans and trousers,  Superdry however seem great for my friend, who is tall. So if you are tall and have been struggling to find jeans then perhaps this is a good place to look.

www.topshop.com/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay

www.superdry.com/womens/jeans

For inspiration on the jeans front you can visit Harper's Bazaar's website, which shows off 'Celebrity Jeans (they) Love'. It is a great gallery, featuring 73 images of different ways celebrities have worn jeans.

www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/trends/celebrity-jeans

My favourites are on slides 26, 33, 43 and 64. What are yours?

Love Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment