Monday 16 March 2015

Song of the Week

Hey Guys,

Sorry we didn't do Song of the Week last week. This is due to us being on a five day geography trip to Bude from Wednesday. Whilst on the trip we listened to loads of music, and did a lot of singing (especially on our 5 hour minibus journey). Consequently I have so many ideas for Song of the Week, so I have decided to just share a few things this week instead of choosing one particular song.

First of all we sang a lot of Sam Smith, and I know you are probably thinking 'how mainstream!' but I honestly think he is so talented and that it is hard not to love him. My favourite song of his is probably 'Lay Me Down', it is so beautiful.

I am not as keen on his version with John Legend as I think this is less raw and emotional. My favourite part of the original version is when it changes about 3/4 of the way through, if you have listened to it you will know what I mean!

Sam Smith - Lay Me Down (Youtube)

On the journey home we played a lot of rock music, and my newly formed friend introduced me to Gary Moore, who was the guitarist for Thin Lizzy. He sadly passed away a couple of years ago but his music lives on and I have never been so interested by an electric guitarist, he was so talented.

Gary Moore (Youtube)




For a few days I couldn't stop singing James Bay's Hold Back the River, it is so catchy! I really like his voice, there is a really nice softness about it. I also think James has a great style, I particularly love his hat, which Radio 1 claim is 'superglued to his hair'. Since hearing this however I have seen at least two photos of him without his hat on, so we can safely say it isn't!

James Bay - Hold Back The River (Youtube)

Hope this rather random Song of the Week post makes up for us missing last week.

Love,

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment