Friday 5 December 2014

D- Dungarees

Hey Guys,

For vintage dungarees Rokit is a fab shop with loads of choice at great prices, normally around £25-£35 a pair. I really love browsing their website as it is full of unique vintage clothing that you won't find anywhere else, each item is 'one of a kind' Here's what Rokit has to say about dungarees....
"The workwear classic as worn by 1940s land girls and 1980s popstars alike are well and truly in vogue again. They have worked their way up the fashion ladder and are now a wardrobe essential. For a laid back look, team denim with a classic Breton, for a period look wear a heritage pair with a pretty short sleeve blouse or go street and accessorise a short pair with a tie dye tee."

http://www.rokit.co.uk/dungarees

My two favourite pairs available on the Rokit website at the moment are...


90s Winnie The Pooh Mid Blue Denim Short Dungarees - £25
90s Green Velvet Long Dungarees - £35
However if you not as weirdly obsessed as I am about vintage and prefer to shop on the high street there are still some great pairs of dungarees that you can get your hands on, for example...


Dungarees - £29.99 H&M
Bib Front Dungarees - £64.99 Superdry (also available on Asos)

I'm sorry I keep going on about her, but Alexa Chung must be mentioned in this post as she is literally the Queen of Dungarees! Alexa has bought dungarees a long way in fashion, making them not just something for babies and toddlers to wear, but a fun alternative to jeans, shorts, dresses and playsuits. She has worn white, black and blue, managing to make each work effortlessly. For summer she dressed down a dungaree dress with a simple black vest top and wedges, and for a more wintery look she combined dark dungarees with a cream shirt, black tights and a fun vintage vanity case.


Dungarees can look good for many occasions, as Alexa proves, as long as you choose the right style for you. I am a strong believer in wearing what you like, regardless of whether it suits you or not, as long as you like it nothing else really matters, so my top tip for dungaree dressing would be to just go for it! If that is no help to you whatsoever I would say start with the dungaree dress as this is probably the style that suits the most people.


I personally live in my dungaree dress which I bought for under £5 in a charity shop in the summer, I love it, it is so comfortable. I also own a pair of light blue long dungarees and these are great for cooler days in summer or just slobbing around in the house. I honestly don't know what I would do without my dungarees and another pair will definitely be featuring on my Christmas list!

Love Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment