Tuesday 2 December 2014

Song of the Week

Hey Guys,

The season of Christmas adverts is upon us and one particular advert that has caught my attention is the new Chanel No.5 Perfume advert. It is similar visually to many other perfume adverts but what got me was the song that accompanies the advert. The song is a cover of 'You're The One That I Want' from the film and stage show, Grease. The cover is by Lo-Fang, who has transformed this upbeat sing-along number, making it slow and mysterious.
 
I personally love this cover and I think Lo-Fang is so talented, the song is taken from his debut album 'Blue Film'. The full Chanel film is also directed by Baz Luhrmann who is one of my favourite directors, directing films such as Moulin Rouge and The Great Gatsby.

'You're The One That I Want' - Lo-Fang

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYluMAO1b7Y

below, the Chanel film:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8asRWe5XNw8

Love Holly x


No comments:

Post a Comment