Friday 29 May 2015

Dr. Martens Review

Hey Guys,

When I was in Year 10 my parents bought me a pair of Dr. Martens as school shoes. This was my second pair, as I had previously been given Dr. Martens 1460 W Boots in patent. These have been great boots but unfortunately I have just about grown out of them (they only fit me when I wear them with tights). Although they took a long time to wear in these shoes have been incredibly comfortable. 



They are also really great in snow and ice because they are waterproof and have grippy, air-cushioned soles. Heres what Dr. Marten say about their soles .... 'air-cushioned sole, oil and fat-resistant, offers good abrasion and slip-resistance.' And that is why they are great winter boots. 

So back to my school shoes. These were the typical Dr. Marten shoe, a pair of 1461 3 eyelet shoes. Both of my pairs of Dr. Martens are their most famous styles that form, in their words,  'the foundation block of (their) brand'. My 1461 shoes are my favourite ever pair of shoes and I wear them absolutely everywhere, they go with just about anything. I couldn't recommend them more highly if I tried, they are wonderful. 


Another great thing about them is that they are so hardwearing. I have had mine for nearly three years and bar a few scuffs on the toes they are as good as new. They are incredibly comfortable as well and over these three years of wear, at school and at home, I feel like they have moulded to my feet. 

On their website, which you can access by clicking here, they are also having a sale. It is great when they have sales because one downside of Dr. Marten is that they are quite expensive. Saying this however, I do think you pay for quality. There is a great choice in the sale and some really individual designs, for example...


top left - Bethan - £90
bottom left -1461 (psyche tattoo) - £75
top right - Polley - £75
bottom right - Pascal - £60

Dr. Martens have a really great blog with loads of style inspiration, you can access it by clicking here.  So if you want to buy some Dr. Martens but are unsure of what to wear them with then this is the perfect place for you to look.

Overall I would really recommend Dr. Martens as comfortable, long lasting shoes/boots/sandals that are really worth the price and an added bonus is that the look great!

Love Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment