Friday 1 May 2015

Song of the Week

Hey Guys,

We are sorry that we missed last week's Song of the Week post, so to make up for it I am writing a longer post about what I have been loving over the past few weeks!

I recently watched '10 Things I Hate About You' for the second time. It was great to watch it again and this time round I loved it even more! If you have never seen it I would really recommend it. One thing that really struck me this time round was the music used in the film, the soundtrack. It has a cool mixture of songs on and my particular favourites are 'Cruel to Be Kind' by Letters to Cleo and 'Bad Reputation' by Joan Jett. Not overlooking 'I Love You Baby', which in my opinion is the scene that makes the film. The main character Kat, played by Julia Stiles, is also brilliant and I think she has many great and inspirational lines, including the one below...


Listen to 'Cruel To Be Kind' here and 'Bad Reputation' here.

'Home' by is a song I have heard many times but only recently discovered it was by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros. I think this is a fun tune for summer and it's really upbeat, making it great to have a little dance to! I think the reason this band is so great, is not only that they play indie-folk music but is that they, at any one time, have up to 12 people in their lineup. This is, in my opinion, great because it makes for a fuller, more exciting sound!  

Listen to 'Home' here.

One thing that interested me this week was a remix of James Bay's 'Hold Back The River'. The song was mixed to create a far more lively song, with a slightly heavier beat. I am undecided as to whether I like it or not, so have a listen here and see what you think.


I came across the band Girlpool last week and thought they were great! They are admittedly an acquired taste and I think you need to be in the right mood for their music, but when you are in the right mood it is fab! Girlpool are a two-piece American band, who, late last year, featured as The Guardian's 'New Band of the Week'. To get a better taste of what they are all about you can read that very article, here, via. this link you can also have a listen to their songs 'Blah, Blah, Blah' and 'Jane'.

What's your Song of the Week, or have you got any music news to share with us? Let us know at haisy15@gmail.com

Love Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment