Monday 15 April 2013

Word of The Week

The word of the week this week is :
BUSY

actively and attentively engaged in work or a pastime

Last Saturday I (Daisy) got up at 11am to fly to Florence with the school, for an art trip. It was an amazing experience and although I'm not at all an arty person, I would go back there in a heart beat. 

Like a true girl my favourite part of the holiday was shopping in the market, where I bought I lovely, little leather notebook and a couple of braclets. On the first day I went to the Accademia Gallery, where the statue 'David' is held, it's was so brilliant to see the sculpture up close a get a real feel for everything.


As I was a 'senior' on this trip the teachers allowed us to go around the town and galleries etc on our own, and although we were still closely watched by the teachers, getting into the Italian culture was nice and refreshing compared to Wolverhampton. 

There were so many things that I did there, it would be a really long post if I wrote about it all; but the most amazing thing I did was on the last day, when I went in The Dome of the Florence Cathedral, the steps were a pain to go up but I wouldn't regret it one bit! The fresco on the Dome was so beautiful and the view on the top of the Dome was breathtaking; but what made the trip better was the fact I got to spend it with all of my friends!

 


So as Daisy jetted across to Florence, I (Holly) was stuck in England.

My family and I travelled down to London on Wednesday evening and on Thursday we went to the matinee performance of War Horse. We were lucky enough to have front row tickets and that made it extra special. The puppetry was incredible and although a technical fault caused the play to stop for several minutes, it was still one of the most wonderful performances I have ever been to see.


After War Horse we took a walk down South Bank, coming across the skatepark my Dad used to skateboard in and a huge upside down purple cow, which apparently a music festival is going to take place in!


We made our way back to the Midlands on Saturday, but on the way we went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and had heard so much about it from Daisy who went last year. It didn't disappoint, as it was the 1 year anniversary of the Tour a week or so ago, there were extra   surprises around the tour. It was awesome and I loved every minute of it, in the shop I bought a Ravenclaw bag, a Hogwarts crest keyring and a Luna postcard. 




We hope you have been as busy as us this week
Love Holly and Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment