Wednesday 12 March 2014

DIY Lip scrub

Hey Guys,
My lips had been quite dry recently and I was thinking of going to buy the LUSH lip scrub, which you're all familiar with. But as you know I'm a cheapskate, so I thought I'd make my own scrub and the outcome was fantastic.

Here's a link to the website I found - http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Tasty-Lip-Scrub but I winged the measurements to make a smaller batch and here's how I did it. 



Materials:
Bigish spoon (this is the kind I eat my cereal with)
1 spoon - Caster Sugar
1 spoon - Virgin Oil
Golden Syrup
Food colouring (optional)
Flavouring (optional)

Time to make: maximum 5 minutes

1. Add the sugar and oil together in a bowl and just mix well, The oil is essential because that's what hydrates your lips and the sugar is what exfoliates.

2. Add in a drop of golden syrup until it sticks together. The website said honey but I don't like that so I substituted it, I think anything sticky would have worked.

3. Then you're done. You can leave it like that or you can add some food colouring to make it more appealing. I used red and it made a nice dark pink/light red colour. 
You don't have to stop there, I added a few drops of vanilla because it just makes it taste amazing.

4. Finally just stick it in a pot. I found this little one lying around but I know it's from Primark from their travel kits.

I use this every other night after I've brushed my teeth and before I put in my retainer. As it's made of all thing edible you can lick your lips to remove any excess sugar, but I always wipe any off because I think it's a tad weird eating your dry skin...
Then I stick in my retainer and vaseline my lips for extra hydration. 

I've had it for 2 weeks now and the only compliant I have is that it does clump together in the pot; but that can easily be treated by shaking it or giving it a little prod. 

I find this really useful and I hope you do too. 

Love Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment