Wednesday 14 August 2013

Our Thoughts On ... The New Doctor, Peter Capaldi

Hey Guys,

It was recently announced that the 12th Doctor is to be actor Peter Capaldi. We had been eagerly awaiting this announcement, longing to know who would replace Matt Smith and after our long wait we were relieved to find out that the management of Doctor Who hadn't let us down.


I (Holly) think that the Doctor is such a hard role to cast, as after each regeneration it is important that the new actor is able to put their own twist on the character of Doctor Who. I was a big fan of David Tennant when he was the Doctor and I really didn't think that the show would be able to find an actor who was going to be able to do an equally good job of being the Doctor, but then they cast Matt Smith. Matt Smith has done a great job as the Doctor, bringing excitement and stunning acting to the role. Although I know it must have been hard I think the show has chosen the right man to fill his shoes and that Peter Capaldi is not going to let us down.

It's Daisy, and although I'm pleased about Peter, I am suprised he was chosen because he's already been in Doctor Who as part of Torchwood so I'm intrigued on how they're going to cover that up. Anyway, I don't know much about Peter but I know he'll do a fantastic job, because every regeneration that has happened people all over the world get disappointed and annoyed thinking nobody will ever be as good as that current Doctor and to be honest none of the Doctors have been better then the previous one, because every actor who plays The Doctor brings a new characteristic, for want of a better word, to the role; David Tennant was nothing like Christopher Eccleston, and Matt nothing like David, the BBC has done us proud so far and it's not like they're going to let us down now. I'm looking foward for the new series to start and now that a more mature actor is playing the Doctor, the writers might approach the episodes at a new angle.



Good Luck Peter!
Love Holly and Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment