Friday 16 August 2013

Pretty In Pink

Hey Guys,

I (Holly) recently watched the film Pretty in Pink and I am in love with it. It is an 80's film starring Molly Ringwald and is a 'teen romantic comedy-drama film about love and social cliques in 1980s American high school'.


The soundtrack to this film is great and the song from the final scene, 'If You Leave' by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, got to number 4 in the charts in 1986, the year the film was released.

The main character is Andie, 'a working class high school girl' who plays the love interest of both Blaine, 'a rich preppie boy' and her best friend Duckie 'Andy's unrequited love'. Andie works in a record shop called TRAX, which is owned by her eccentric friend Iona who is always there to offer a shoulder to cry on. 

My favourite character is Duckie, who is played by Jon Cryer. Duckie would do anything for Andie and tells Andie's father that one day he hopes to marry her. Duckie has great style and likes to spontaneously sing and dance. 

The ending of this film (don't worry I'm not going to ruin it) was originally written differently but after careful deliberation it was decided that it needed to be changed. I personally would have preferred it if the film had kept the originally planned ending, lets just say Andie doesn't end up with who I would have liked her to.

I really enjoyed this film and I hope if you watch it you will as well!

Love Holly and Daisy x





No comments:

Post a Comment