Thursday 23 January 2014

The Little Princess Trust and Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity

Hey Guys,
I would like to talk to you about a charity called Little Princess Trust. 
The Little Princess Trust is a charity which provides wigs to boys and girls in the UK and Ireland, who have lost their hair through cancer. To find out more please visit their website, there is also a really touching video that you should definitely watch.

They whole reasons I'm making this post is because Carrie Hope Fletcher, who I'm sure everybody in the UK will know, just made a video on YouTube talking about how she's going to cut off 7-12 inches of her hair off and donate it to Little Princess. 
John Green was the inspiration for her, as the actress, Shailene Woodley, playing Hazel in the film adaptation of 'The Fault in our Stars', cut her hair for the role and donated it to charity which sparked off the campaign #HairForHazel.
Some people might not think that's a big deal, but I love my hair and I couldn't imagine how different I'd feel without it and especially being a teenage, means it's really important. You can donate to Little Princess on their website.

Carrie, however, is obviously donating to Little Princess and has chosen to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity. In the past Carrie has done fundraising for GOSHCC before and knows where the money is going first hand. 
You can donate to GOSHCC on her 'Just Giving Website', where you can donate between £2.00 and £100,000. 
I'm ashamed to admit that I have only donated £2.00, it's better than nothing, but I hope in the future when I've grown up from the 'my hair is so important' phase that I could do something like this.

Love Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment