Monday 27 January 2014

The Weave Of New And Old

Hey Guys,
On Tumblr earlier I came across these hair details from the Dolce & Gabbana Spring/Summer 2014 show (perhaps the couture show although I am not entirely sure). I wanted to show you because, as you know, both Daisy and I absolutely love excitingly coloured hair. I thought that the range of hair colours featured in these pictures was really delicate and subtle, and I really admired the way the hair stylists have weaved flowers, leaves and jewellery into the hair.


 
The hair is modern in colour yet the braid has been styled in a classic, traditional way. The incorporation of flowers in hairstyles is also traditional and has been used for hundreds of years. I think the people who worked on this hair in the Dolce & Gabbana Show have done a magnificent job in weaving the old and the new together.
 
Love Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment