Tuesday 17 December 2013

Daisy's Winter Essentials

Hey Guys,

Apart from the obvious wear a big woolly jumper, over-sized lined coat and an extra snugly scarf in the Winter time, I've managed to reduce my Winter essentials into 4 things.

1. Cable knit socks

Everybody needs some warm, fuzzy socks to wear at night in front of the TV but what about during the day? I suggest cable knit socks, especially from the brand Pringles; Pringles are so amazing that I try and get as many of their socks and underwear and everybody should at least have one pair. These socks keep your feet warm, but not to hot or thick like bed socks. They can also be warn with anything without judgment unlike bright pink spotty bed socks, and look adorable poking out of shoes.
  

2. Boots (Doc Martens)

When the snow comes, you can't go walking outside in little ballet pumps so a good, solid pair of boots are needed. I would recommend Doc Martens because they're water proof and have a thick sole; meaning that they're long lasting (mine have lasted for 2 years I think) and they're extremely comfortable, for if like me you have to wait 10 minutes in the cold waiting for a bus. 

  

3. Hand/Body Cream

This may seem like a common one but most people, and I did once, forget to moisture more frequently during the Winter. My legs can get extremely chapped and dry, it isn't nice and I get embarrassed when waiting before PE and other people can see them. The same applies with my hands, thankfully I've gotten into the habit of moisturising them regularly, however they can become horrendously chapped and can bleed which can't be nice. The brand I will forever recommend is Soap and Glory, their Hand Food will always be the very best, and it also contains marshmallow! Their body butters and creams are also fantastic and I know they're widely recommended, my favorite is The Righteous Body Butter because it sinks into the skin fast and doesn't feel sticky but also has a nice day time smell.

4. Vaseline

Again another simple one but lips get very chapped during the Winter. Although lipsticks and other lip balms can moisturize your lips, Vaselines pure purpose is to moisturize lips and nothing else such as tinting them etc. Vaseline also lasts for a lot longer than other lip balms which say they can last for 8 hours or more. Overall when it comes to lips, I would always put on Vaseline at night so it can settle in.



Love Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment