Wednesday 18 December 2013

Revamp Old Noticeboard

Hey Guys,
I was in a charity shop (yet again) the other day and spotted a nearly new noticeboard for just 85p, I had been looking for one for ages but hadn't wanted to pay much so this was perfect.
Here is how I revamped this old noticeboard...

First I lay newspaper down on the table to protect the tablecloth, Mum would not be happy if I got paint on that! Then I lay paper inside the notice board so the paint wouldn't go on the cork part of the board, making sure it was tucked in under the edges.


I used black acrylic paint. Acrylic paint is good because it goes on everything and dries really quickly. I put enough on so that I only had to do one coat which was great, altogether the painting of this noticeboard only took me 5 minutes.

So now it looks like this, I chose black to contrast the white wall I am going to hang this noticeboard on.

Now to decorate, so admittedly I haven't finished this stage and it does look a bit bare so I will have to collect some more things to go on it. I used pins (be careful!) to put things on the board, I have pink ones but you can pick up all sorts of funky pins from places like WHSmiths.

Love Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment