Sunday 1 December 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Hey Guys,

Last weekend we went to watch Catching Fire and we both agree this was an amazing film.


Daisy
When I first saw The Hunger Games I had no expectations, because I hadn't read or even heard of the books, but I instantly fell in love with Jennifer Lawrence and when I knew Catching Fire was soon to be released I had to read the books - which I bawled my eyes out at.
I had extremely high standards for this film, because I thought it was crucial to get every single character right and the cast was perfect.
There were so many direct quotes, the Cornicopia was much better than I imagined and scenes that were just standard in my mind blew me away; and let's not forget the special effects!!! Without them this film would have been a sham.


A few of my favourite scenes were;
The beach scene when Katniss comes to the realisation that she genuinely loves Peeta; mainly because Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are such amazing actors and they put real emotion behind their characters. 
The poisonous fog/ monkey mutt scene because the special effects were incredible and I couldn't help but cry (again) when Mags sacrifices herself for Peeta.
Finally, the Jabber Jay scene. It was blatent that the special effects were outstanding but Jennifer's facial expressions just made this scene. I've watched my fair share of films from romantic to sci-fi, comedy and action and there has been no other actor/actress who has blown me away like Jennifer.

If you couldn't tell already but I absolutely loved that film and I would recommend it to anybody, even if you haven't read the books or seen the first film. 
I'm so excited for the 3 hour long DVD - which means 30 minutes of deleted and unseen footage but I'm much more excited for Mocking Jay part 1 which is released ~21st Novemeber 2014.
Unfortunately it's in 2 parts but it has been anounced that the epilogue (the best part which made me cry for 15 minutes) will be in part 2 - so I'm not to fussed that they're a year apart. 

Holly
I haven't read the books yet, I got them earlier this year but unfortunately they are in a queue of books waiting to be read, hopefully I will get round to reading them soon. I thought the first Hunger Games film was quite good and was expecting this one to be in a similar league. It completely exceeded my expectations and I thought it was a really excellent film.


Going to the cinema, not knowing the story of Catching Fire and therefore not knowing what was going to happen in the film was very exciting for me. Normally I read the book, if there is one, before going to see the film, but not having read the book already, I think, made the film more enjoyable as I was constantly on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was going to happen next.
I agree with Daisy, the casting for the film was fabulous, and knowing about Daisy's love for Jennifer before the film, I purposely sat myself away from her so as not to be in the firing-line of her hilarious emotional outbursts ;) I also think Jennifer is a great actress as well as a wonderful person, encouraging teenagers to be themselves.


I don't think I could choose my favourite scenes because I loved the whole film, I especially liked the background tension that could be felt throughout the film as the threat of revolution grew and grew. It was a very powerful and well made film.

Love Holly and Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment